In agricultural sector outlook studies and scenarios are widely used for projections on supply and demand of agricultural products, as well as e.g. trends and drives in market developments, and alternative scenarios for decision making support, e.g. for Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) in the EU. The Standing Committee for Agricultural Research (SCAR) has started to use expert-based regular foresight reports to support research in agriculture and rural development and to focus the European level approach. Also national examples of agricultural sector and rural futures investigations can be found in several countries, e.g. France and Ireland - these investigations often make reference to the forest based sector futures.
5 records found in EUROFOREST Portal
- DG Agriculture and Rural Development - Economic analysis and market forecasts
- Foresight Process - Standing Committee on Agricultural Research (SCAR)
- OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook
• Perspectives agricoles de l'OCDE et de la FAO
- Scenar 2020-II – Update of scenario study on agriculture and the rural world
- Teagasc Technology Foresight 2030 Initiative