C&I for SFM
Criteria and indicators (C&I) for sustainable forest management (SFM) are tools which can be used to measure, assess, monitor and demonstrate progress towards achieving SFM. C&I have been developed at various levels (global, regional, national, sub-national, forest management unit).
The Ministerial Conference on the Protection of Forests in Europe (MCPFE) is a high level political initiative that has developed as a dynamic process towards the protection and sustainable management of forests. Launched in 1990, it is the political platform for the dialogue on European forest issues. As part of the MCPFE process a set of pan-European Criteria and Indicators (C&I) have been developed as a policy instrument to monitor the progress towards implementation of SFM in Europe. Six pan-European criteria and a set of 35 quantitative indicators were officially adopted at the fourth MCPFE in Vienna in 2003.
The concept of C&I is closely linked to the concept of forest certification, in that sets of C&I can be used as a basis for developing certification standards.
10 records found in EUROFOREST Portal
- COST Action E51. Integrating innovation and development policies for the forest sector
- Forest Europe - Ministerial Conference on the Protection of Forests in Europe
- Kazalci okolja v Sloveniji - KOS
• Environmental indicators in Slovenia
- Les indicateurs de gestion durable des forêts françaises métropolitaines
• Indicators for sustainable forest management in metropolitan France
- SELVIRED: Selvicultura y Gestión sostenible de los Sistemas Forestales
• Spanish network on Silviculture and Sustainable Management of Forest Systems (SELVIRED)
- State of Europe's Forests 2007: the MCPFE report on sustainable forest management in Europe
- State of Europe's Forests 2011: Status and trends in Sustainable Forest Management in Europe
- State of Europe's Forests 2015
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Национальные стандарты
• National standards [Russia]